The Elks purchased its current property in 1917 from the Julian Richards estate. The building was one of the finest oil residences in the city, being well-constructed and large enough to accommodate the lodge temporarily. The building was remodeled to accommodate a ballroom; members bar and card room and billiard room. In the basement there were four bowling alleys, a gymnasium, grill, kitchen and serving pantry, along with showers, lockers and the boiler rooms.
This post was written by Website Creator